Class of 1939 Reunions
Their reunions have been of great importance to '39ers down through the years, as witness the relatively high attendance and the ever reducing time interval between reunions.
The first '39 class reunion would normally have been held in 1944, but in that year most '39ers were off fighting the 2nd World War. Thus the first reunion was in June of 1949, when 46 classmates gathered in Clemson to renew acquaintances with each other and with the campus. Successive reunions were in 1954 and 1959, but thereafter the interval between reunions became 2 or 3 years until about 1975 when they started taking place every other year. Ever since 1994 the class has been gathering at Clemson every June. Through 2009, there have been 35 reunions, with an average attendance of 14.4% of living members as of the date of the reunions. The Golden Anniversary reunion in 1989 was attended by 40.2% of living members.
Pickens County (S.C.)
Sweeny, James O., "Chronicles of the Clemson Class of 1939 Section 8 - Reunions" (2010). Miscellaneous Materials. 9.
Clemson University Libraries
Copyright of Clemson University. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. Permission to publish or reproduce is required.