Submission Guidelines for Regulatory Services
Land-Grant Press by Clemson Extension provides science-based, peer-reviewed publications written by Extension personnel and university scientists for professional stakeholder audiences.
Please contact the Managing Editor with any questions.
Managing Editor: Dawn Anticole White, MMC
email@example.com, (864) 656-9872
How to Submit a Publication
1. Using an approved Land-Grant Press template, please submit your publication as a Microsoft Word file using the “Submit Publication” link in the left sidebar. Please contact the Managing Editor if you are in need of a template file. Submissions must include at least one image in the publication content.
2. You will be required to create an account if you do not already have one set up in this system. This is NOT the same login as your Clemson user ID.
3. If you are creating a new account, you will receive a "Confirm Your Account" email with an activation link.
4. After activating your account, you will be taken to the Submission Agreement page. Please read the terms, check the box at the bottom, and select “Continue” to accept the terms.
5. Next you will be taken to the submission form to provide author contact info and publication details as well as:
- minimum of 5 keywords
- summary of key takeaways (75 words or less)
- target audience
- two or more potential external reviewers who are experts in the subject matter and EXTERNAL to Clemson University
- PLEASE NOTE IN THE COMMENTS BOX IF THE SUBMITTAL IS TIME SENSITIVE
- 1 photograph or image file (jpg preferred) that is included in your publication or related to your publication topic, as it will display as the 'featured' image on lgpress.clemson.edu
Overview of the Peer-Review Process
1. The entire review and revision process may take anywhere from 4-6 weeks, unless it is to be expedited in the case of time-sensitive submittals.
2. Reviewers are sent an ‘invitation to review’ email through the review system.
3. Reviewers are given 3 weeks to provide their review.
4. Reviewers upload review feedback into system, including their recommendation for acceptance and / or revisions.
5. Review feedback is evaluated by editorial members.
6. Author is notified of editorial decision and provided with review feedback.
7. Repeat steps 1-4 if major revisions are requested
8. Accepted publications are posted on lgpress.clemson.edu.