Journal of Research in Personality
• Applied bifactor models to NEO-FFI-3, HEXACO PI-R, and BFI-2 data estimating domain, evaluation, and acquiescence factors.
• The evaluation factor was a significant, positive predictor of GPA.
- • The acquiescence factor was not a strong predictor of GPA.
- • Domain factor score validities were more negative than corresponding summated scale validities.
- • Results suggest that extraneous factor contamination can be measured and used with the modeling techniques employed here.
Biderman, M.D., McAbee, S.T., Hendy, N.T., Job Chen, Z., Validity of Evaluative Factorsfrom Big Five and HEXACO questionnaires, Journal of Research in Personality (2019), doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jrp.2019.04.010
This pdf is the accepted manuscript for the Journal of Research in Personality. The published article can be found here: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0092656618301971?via%3Dihub">https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0092656618301971?via%3Dihub